...
Follow us

Man Utd Rebuff Galatasaray Interest In Bruno Fernandes

Featured image for: Man Utd Rebuff Galatasaray Interest In Bruno Fernandes

Manchester United have told Galatasaray that captain Bruno Fernandes is not for sale, despite reports the Turkish club are preparing a bid for the Premier League Player of the Year. Fernandes has entered the final year of his contract, though United retain an option to extend by a further year. According to Skysports.com.

Man Utd’s stance on Bruno Fernandes hardens as Galatasaray circle amid contract uncertainty

Manchester United have made clear that Bruno Fernandes is not for sale at any price, despite reports linking Galatasaray with a move for their captain. The Turkish side are ready to bid for the 31-year-old, who has entered the final year of his contract, though United hold an option to extend that deal by a further year.

Fernandes’s standing at Old Trafford has only strengthened following a record-breaking campaign. He was named Premier League Player of the Year last season after breaking the competition’s assist record, and the £57m release clause for foreign clubs written into his contract has now expired.

That position marks a shift from last summer. Fernandes revealed in December that he had been “hurt” after United told him he was free to accept a big-money offer from Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal, who were prepared to pay £100m as a transfer fee.

That ambiguity has since been put to bed. United’s hierarchy have made clear that Fernandes is not for sale, with the club now viewing their captain as central to the future of the project regardless of the interest from Turkey.

Jaissle Sees Old Newcastle Failing Resurface vs Liverpool

Sky Sports’ James Savundra outlined the change in stance on the Transfer Show: “It doesn’t seem likely in this window but go back 12 months, it felt 50:50. It felt like Manchester United would be willing to sell him if they could recoup £100m to spend on other areas.”

He added that Fernandes had spoken openly about talks with the Saudi Pro League before choosing to commit his future to Manchester United, and suggested the club would be expected to pursue a new contract given only one year remains on his current deal.

Savundra underlined why that patience makes sense, insisting: “Last season he was just incredible with the assist record – he was the best player in the Premier League last season. There will come a time when Manchester United think about life after Bruno Fernandes but that won’t be this summer. He’s so important to their plans in Europe and the Premier League.”

Latest News:

Featured image for: Jaissle Sees Old Newcastle Failing Resurface vs Liverpool

Jaissle Sees Old Newcastle Failing Resurface vs Liverpool

Editorial Team Aug 24, 2026 2 min read

Matthias Jaissle’s Newcastle squandered a late lead against Liverpool, but new signings and defiant reaction hint at promise despite dropped points.

Seraphinite AcceleratorOptimized by Seraphinite Accelerator
Turns on site high speed to be attractive for people and search engines.